How To Apply Sublimation Transfers
Sublimation MUST be applied with a heat press. A home iron will NOT work. I recommend pressing at 400 degrees for 60 seconds. You'll need a piece of cardstock & butcher paper. The cardstock goes inside the shirt to keep the ink from bleeding on the back of the shirt. The butcher paper is to protect your heat press.
If you have any questions, you are always welcome to email me at TheCraftyCorner33@gmail.com I will respond as quickly as possible. There's also some GREAT resources on YouTube.
For blank tees I recommend shopping at www.jiffyshirts.com
A few styles I recommend:
- Jerzees 21m in White & Athletic Grey
- Gildan Softstyle in heather colors (I usually bleach if the design isn't black)
- Bella+Canvas 3001CVC in heather colors (Same as gildan)
- Pre-press at 400 degrees for 60 seconds. This removes any moisture & gets the wrinkles out.
- Insert cardstock inside the shirt. Position the transfer where you'd like it & use heat tape to keep it from moving. (This also prevents ghosting)
- Cover with butcher paper.
- Press at 400 degrees for 60 seconds.